Here’s a report on what we discovered through enhanced employment checks and social media screening throughout September.
- Around 14% of September’s cases caused a red flag: an indication of high-risk behaviour. This indicates an upward trend , with a small increase on last month’s figure of 11%.
- 86% of checks resulted in successful confirmation of the candidate’s suitability.
- Making up nearly three quarters (73%) of all flagged cases, inappropriate or sexually explicit content remained the dominant finding.
- Over the entire of 2021, inappropriate content has been the most common risk – and September, with 47.7% of flagged cases, has the largest proportion to date.
- Substance abuse and illegal activities made up just 2.5% of cases – the lowest so far in 2021.
- Both active and passive risks are identified, for example: content that the candidate has commented on, shared, or is associated with.