We have a great deal of expertise within this sector, conducting checks for insurance companies, banks and financial investment organisations, to name but a few. We also conduct checks for companies that provide products and services into those areas regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) such as software houses, call centres and recruitment agencies.
The checks that we conduct can range from company to company due to differing levels of risk, type of marketplace, what is required of them by their customers, regulators etc. to ensure their staff meet the Fit and Proper requirements. Due to the diverse nature of our client base we are very well placed to advise you what pre-employment and ongoing screening checks you should be doing. Typical checks within this sector include:
- Financial & Address Check – 5 Year Address Verification, Bankruptcy and CCJ information.
- Directorships – Checks current directorship status, giving company name, industry type and date of appointment. In the UK this can also check against disqualified directors list with Companies House. We are also able to check directorships in many other countries.
- Professional/Technical Memberships and Qualifications – Confirms the dates attended, qualification gained and membership status.
- Employment References – These can be conducted over any period of time such as 3 years, 6 years and 10 years.
- Employment Gap Checks – Ascertains the reason for a gap in employment. Typical gap periods are for 1 month or 2 months.
- Criminal Record Checks – Predominately we conduct Basic Level Criminal Record Checks (Basic CRC) within the financial marketplace. For those working within the Certification Regime and for some positions regulated under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 we can conduct Standard Level Criminal Record Checks.
- HM Treasury Financial Sanctions Checks – A consolidated list of targets listed by the United Nations, European Union and United Kingdom under legislation relating to current financial sanctions regimes.
- Financial Services Register Check – Searches name, status, FSR reference number, controlled functions, current employer name and start date. Also searches all previous companies worked for in a controlled function, with start and end dates. All disciplinary action taken through the FCA and the PRA will be listed along with associated dates.
The best way forward if you are from within this sector is to contact one of our industry experts who after ascertaining your industry sector, the level of risk you could possibly be exposed to and the type of positions you typically recruit for, will be able to advise you on the best pre-employment screening services to suit your needs.